Monday, July 11, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.
____________________________________________

D (age 4) was a NON STOP chatterbox today. I have NO idea what came over him, but he was a constant stream of chatter....

Mommy. Mommy. Come here. See. You stand here when someone is in the bathroom and you are waiting your turn. Someone is in there and you stand right here. See. I am standing right here so I can wait for the bathroom.

That is only one example. This went on ALL DAY LONG. As I left for work, I mentioned to Eric that D had talked non-stop.

When I asked Eric how the evening went, he commented on D talking NON STOP!
____________________________________________

T (age 6) came running up the stairs and told Daddy, "K (age8) tried to spit on me. K tried to spit on me."

Dad: (to K) Don't spit on Tricia.

K: But she spit on me first.

So daddy went back on to Tricia to talk and they went round and round. At some point...

T: But K should not have repaid evil for evil.

(completely caring less that she was involved in that initial evil)
_____________________________________________

I bought the delicious oatmeal dunkers at Trader Joes. (YUM!)

Well, the daddy around here is watching what he eats and the man loves those things too. So I told the kids, "Don't tell Daddy we bought these. He'll eat them all. I'll hide them up here."

A EFW HOURS LATER....when Daddy came home...

D (age 4...who had been talking non-stop) walked over to Daddy and said, "DONT EAT ALL THE COOKIES! Are you going to eat all the cookies?"

Daddy: (no clue about the hidden cookies) (laughs) Yes.

D kicked him. (in a funny way)

Then I had to laugh because it was HOURS later and that was the first thing on D's mind.
______________________________________________

Your Turn:






Photobucket

4 comments:

kmcaffee said...

Where's the link to add??? I just love your kiddos!!! :)

kewkew said...

Kids always seem to remember the things we would prefer they don't remember. Wondering if daddy ever found out about the cookies.

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

LOL! I tell me kids to remind me of something and they never remember. But if I say, "Don't tell Daddy," that's always the first thing out of their mouths. Turkeys. :)

AnnG said...

Too funny! It's amazing how these kids can come up with things to talk about for hours on end and then once they hit 14 they can't talk anymore!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe