Monday, January 24, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.
____________________________________________

Whew...after 36 hours in bed last week, then tending to the children as the stomach virus made its way through the house...it feels good to have everyone healthy!
____________________________________________

The Tiny Ones have been talking in this house and here is what they had to say...

K (age 8): We are in the smack middle of Maryland.
T (age 6): We are so in the middle of it that we can't see the end of the world.

T continued this conversation by asking how we get to the end of the world...the whole "globe" thing must have her a little baffled...
____________________________________________

C (age 19 months) has been talking...

Hi. Hi Poppy. Hi Daddy. Hi.

Woah.

Cracker.

Big Poopie.

Tricia.

E I E I O

Un...Ew...(one, two)

Grandma.

Nigh Nigh. (night night)

WOW!
__________________________________________

T: I went to someplace new yesterday. I went to someplace new today. And I want to go someplace new tomorrow.
__________________________________________

D (AGE FOUR!): I WANT A GUN!
(yes, we took the boy to play laser tag)
__________________________________________

Mommy: D, are you sure you want to play laser tag? You run around and shoot people with a gun and its really dark?
D: YEAH!!!!

(and yes, the boy LOVED it)
_________________________________________

Your Turn:




Photobucket

7 comments:

Kelly @ In Everything said...

So glad you are feeling better and that the house is on the mend!!!

And I LOVE the laser tag idea... I could see my little boy LOVing that:)

kewkew said...

Also glad you are all feeling better, we haven't had it yet this year, just some bad colds, though we did deal with the same thing last winter. Not looking forward to the possibility of it again this year, especially with the baby (of course, last year I was very pregnant, yuck).

I loved the end of the world comment. And as I read the different things your 19 month old says I was struck by the thought that it looks like he is trying to count in a foreign language.

Laser tag was an interesting experience for me (went with Girl Scouts several years ago) but I couldn't stand the "smoke"

Have a great week.
Blessings

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

D is great! You're going to LOVE watching the boys grow up and get into 'boy stuff.' Never a dull moment, but always fun. :)
I have nicks in the drywall from pocket-knife throwing and holes in the miniblinds from airsoft practice. (neither sanctioned, btw, and certain boys will be making restitution and helping repair. but funny anyway. ;)

Jenilee said...

my girls always want to go somewhere new or do something new! so funny! :)

Lindsay said...

aww how fun playing laser tag! So glad you guys are feeling better!!

Abi said...

All that baby talk is so cute! I miss them.... :-)

Tracey M. said...

So I didn't even miss Tiny Talk last week, sorry to hear you were all under the weather...but GOOD NEWS that you are all on the mend!

I love that conversation T & K had together about where you live. So cute.

Lovely little words your 19 mo old is saying too.

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe