Friday, January 28, 2011

Artistic Thoughts

Dear T (age 6),

I have worked on this post over and over, trying to capture a certain gift that you possess. Or perhaps it is a flair. Or some sort of energy.

I am not quite sure. And yet, I am. I guess there is one word that defines what I am trying to capture on these pages that describes you.

Create.

It sums up how you interact with the world around you. It is how you learn. How you express yourself. And it reflects the way you see things.

All that is in you and all that is in the world inspires you to…

Create.

The world sees an empty M-n-M’s candy cane, but YOU see an umbrella and immediately bring it to life.

IMG_3624

Everyone else sees a pile of rubber bands. You pick one up and begin to pluck it. Suddenly it is no longer a pile of rubber bands, but a guitar...

IMG_3959

On an out of town weekend, we had a longish wait for our lunch. The waitress gave everyone dum-dum lollipops while we were waiting for our food. Randomly, while eating your lollipop, you asked if they had tape and glue back at our hotel.

HUH?

You wouldn’t throw out the lollipop wrappers. Every piece of trash is an un-recognized treasure to you. You were inspired and ready to create.

And, without a doubt, the creativity overflows to your attire…

You don’t just get dressed in the morning, you create a character!

“Look, mom, I am a sunflower. My pants are my roots (brown) and then my dress is my stem (green) and I have my petals on my head.”

IMG_3561

“Look, I am Gertrude McFuzz (from Suessical the Musical)!”

IMG_2673IMG_2674

Trash becomes a treasured fish, hanging from the ceiling.

IMG_3547

Clearly, the recycling bin is one of your favorite places in the house!

After talking to your daddy about bridges and watching videos of them, you created a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge completely on your own. It is amazing to watch you suddenly just go to work.

IMG_3289 IMG_3288

There is no doubt in my mind that you express yourself by CREATING. Of course, you were made in the image of the ultimate Creator, who created ALL things.

You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created." Rev 4:11

The entire idea of creating began with Him and He gave this gift to you. It is my prayer that you will find ways to glorify God with your creations.

It is a joy to watch the world through your creations, my little girl.

5 comments:

AnnG said...

I just love to watch kids create new and wonderful creations...one of the many advantages of homeschooling is that her creativity won't be squashed. Instead it is encouraged!! Love it!

Is your hubby an architect? Mine is and these are the kinds of things my little guy always gets daddy to help with!

Sittintall said...

Wow! She really is quite creative. That kid has a great future ahead of her.

Meg said...

And T has a great momma for having all those creative mediums available for her to use...even the recycle bin.

Monica said...

Awesome!! I think she'd fit right in with some of my kids. She clearly is thriving. Aren't you glad she's home so she can exercise her gifts?

Lindsay said...

I love these!! What wonderful creations she made!! I love the fish the best!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe