Monday, November 29, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them. ____________________________________________

D (age 3)'s word: Jumpoline Real Word: Trampoline
____________________________________________

K (age 8) was making her toast and said to me, "In the olden days when they didn't have ovens, they used toaster ovens."

And while that was funny enough...

Mom: No sweetie. They didn't have toaster ovens a long time ago either.
K: Well, what did they use?
Mom: A fireplace, but it wasn't like ours. It was one with real wood and they would create a fire.
K: But they couldn't have that in the house. That's not safe.
Mom: (laughing) That is what we have in the house. And before we had one that you could turn on, we had one with real wood. You just had to have a fire place.
K: Oh.
_____________________________________________
And now...our FEATURED Tiny Talk Family this week is...

Crystal from Life at the Circus. Crystal and I only "know" each other online. Perhaps one day we'll be able to get all of these cute kiddos together to play! She and I have a lot in common, raising 4 kiddos who are all very close in age. I know exactly why she calls her blog, "Life at the Circus."

Her little guy is such a doll! My favorite recent photo is on this post. He surely is ready to eat! And her little princesses are just precious as well!

This post makes it clear that Crystal and I would get along just great! She knows when to let a kid be a kid! Rock on Crystal - say YES more than NO! And her second daughter seems quite like my second daughter, who would do this same sort of thing.

But, I admit I am NO WHERE NEAR as adventurous as Crystal! She and her hubby want to visit EVERY National Park during their marriage. As I look at the pictures of some of their trips, I am amazed at their insanity bravery to tote around 4 little children! That is so awesome and I would love to copy it...when my kids are teens!

And now a word from Crystal...

Tell us about yourself and your family.
I have been married to my husband for 9 and 1/2 years and we have 4 kids ages 6, 4, 3, and 6 mths. We love to travel and enjoy camping. We are trying to visit every US National Park together.

Tell us about your blog. What do you tend to write about? What are some of your favorite posts/topics?
I write mostly about my family and my life as a wife, home make and mother of 4. I try very hard to keep my blog real... embarassing situations, funny things my kids say, pictures of the inside of my minivan... I am not perfect, I don't have it all together, I yell at my kids, my house is dirty more often than it is clean and my husband often has to go searching through the dryer to find clean socks to wear to work. But, despite the mess and chaos, I love my life and I try to let that show in my blog posts.

What is the one thing about you that we might not find on your blog?
Since I try to keep it real on my blog, there really isn't much about me that you won't find on there. I don't share my kids names, but you can find my ginormous pile of laundry waiting to be done!

So go say hello to Crystal this week! _________________________________________________
Your Turn:



Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenilee said...

My Abby calls it a jumpoline! :) I love it! :)

Leah said...

Awww! I quote a three year~old saying "jumpoline" this week too! : )

Debbie said...

These are so cute!

Lindsay said...

jumpoline is a much better name! I love it!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I love that the idea of a fire inside is so foreign! Truly cute!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe