Monday, November 15, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.
____________________________________________

K randomly asked me, "Are any of our ancestor's buried in a graveyard?"

That spurred quite a discussion about dead bodies. Guess it is good we are about to study Egypt. We are all preped to talk about mummies now!
____________________________________________

I gave D (age 3) the primary colors to paint with today. Oh boy did he love it!

Look, I made green!!!
I made purple, mom!
Look. This makes brown.


It was so cute to let him "make colors".
____________________________________________

T (age 6)'s bedtime routine...

Gets put in bed and then the REAL routine begins...

First visit down the hall: "Mommy. I am itchy." (wants lotion)
Second visit down the hall: "Mommy. My eyes are itchy." (wants benedryl for allergies)
Third visit down the hall: "Mommy. I wanted to tell you..."
Forth visit down the hall: "I'm having bad thoughts."

And on it goes...
____________________________________________

Now for our Featured TTT family...

I'd like you to meet, Tracy, from Musings of the Monroe Family. Tracy is another blogger that I am just getting to know. I went back to the beginning of her blogging days, since she has been blogging just under a year. I love the way in these February posts you feel like you are reading her daily journal. She explains her day as well as what she has read in her quiet time. I think it is a wonderful journal for her children one day, recording her heart and her daily life.

I have to say that Tracy ROCKS at taking photos that relate to her posts. I have trouble getting around to uploading just a few, but I love looking at all of her pictures on posts like this one.

Of course, her family blog is fun and full of great ideas on her weekly wrap ups, but I admit that I am REALLY excited about her new cooking blog! This chicken soup looks so yummy!

And now a little bit from Tracy:

Tell us about yourself and your family. Be sure to include your own hobbies and interests as well as information about your kids and hubby.

So where to start? I am blessed to be a stay-at-home mother of an adorable 2-1/2-year-old boy with an incredible husband of 8 years. It was after my mom died (of breast cancer) when I was 21 that I became serious in a faith journey that led me to be baptized in 2001 and learning more every day about what it means to have Jesus as Lord in my life. I grew up in the Chicago area and after attending the UW-Madison now live in Madison, Wisconsin. I love attending Titus (my women's group at church), library story times, PalZone (a community toddler play group) and almost anything outdoors. I love to do gardening. We only have a small little area but I manage to grow tomatoes, green peppers, sweet peppers and herbs. I also love to read. I'm often reading 3 or 4 books at a time; one I keep on the kitchen table, one by my bed, one in my gym bag and one next to the couch.

What's something about yourself you'd like other moms reading to know?

After my son was born, I endured a traumatic time in my life. I went through a year and a half of postpartum depression with severe anxiety and psychosis which put me in the hospital twice. I never, ever thought I would go through something like that. It was one of the most humbling and difficult experiences in my entire life. I now know what it is like to be so helpless and yet see the Lord move in the most amazing way I've ever seen to restore and heal. Now, Psalm 30 is a place I go frequently as the words remind me so much of what I went through.

Tell us about your blog. What do you tend to write about? What are some of your favorite posts/topics?

As my depression lifted, I came out of isolation and was looking for a deeper way to feel connected to other moms. A friend from MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) sent me a link to her blog and immediately I knew that was what I wanted to do. My blog is just coming up on it's first anniversary on January 24, 2011. What I like to write about are my experiences as a stay-at-home mom and also what's going on in my inner life; how I'm learning, growing or being challenged in my relationship with Christ. I like to capture my weekly activities with my toddler by participating in Blog Carnivals like Tot School, Tiny Talk and What My Child is Reading. I also have a recipe blog called Tracey's Kitchen where lately I've started writing more.

Thank you so much to Mary for hosting Tiny Talk and for featuring me here!

__________________________________________________

Your Turn: (and take a moment to say hi to Tracy!)



Photobucket



4 comments:

kewkew said...

I love the bedtime routine. With Tabitha (and now Amelia who is a little copy cat) we have a new saying. "I need to tell you one thing." Usually she says, "When I wake up can you get me a glass of milk (or water or juice or all three!)" We always answer with the affirmative. She gets very upset if she can't tell someone "one thing" whether it is at bedtime or if someone is leaving.
I am so glad that after we let her tell us one thing she is satisfied, after reading your routine.

Tracey M. said...

The bedtime routine is something I can relate to! That made me laugh. Especially the "mom I'm itchy" one. My son has used that too. He finds many ways to extend his true "bed time" and can be pretty clever. I can only imagine what it will be like once he's in a big boy bed. We're letting him stay in the crib for as long as possible since there's no trying to climb out so far.

Lindsay said...

hehe the bedtime routine cracked me up.. sounds like ours sometimes.. go look up the new veggietale silly song it will make you crack up. Its called Juniors bedtime or something like that.

Debbie said...

That bedtime routine sounds way too familiar!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe