Monday, November 1, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.
____________________________________________

Poor little D (age 3) banged his head and got a horrible cut this weekend. Daddy took him to the doctor and they were sitting in the room, waiting to get 3 staples in his head...

D: I love this game!
Daddy: Should we come here every Sunday?
D: Yeah!

(perhaps he needs some more one on one attention...)
_____________________________________________

D: Daddy, I have something to tell you.
Daddy: What?
D: You can share my Candy!
Daddy: Thank you David you are very generous!
D: Yes! I am VERY jealous!
______________________________________________

While trick or treating...

D: I want to go home. I am tired of this game.
Daddy: What do you mean?
D: I just want to go home.

(poor tired boy)
______________________________________________

We have been coloring in a large map of Africa one country at a time as we talk about what makes that country unique. Our family was sitting around the dinner table talking about some of the countries that we had colored in.

D: (shouting and giggling) MAURITANIA.
Everyone laughs and the conversation continues
.
D keeps chanting: Mauritania. Mauritania.
The whole table laughs again.
Mom: What are you saying, D? Wait. Is Mauritania a country in Africa?
Dad: Yes. You didn't know that?
Mom: (laughing hard) NO! I didn't know what he was saying. Oh my goodness, D, how did you know that?
D: (big smile) Mauritania!

(glad someone is listening while I teach around here...maybe I should) ______________________________________________

Now, for our Tiny Talk Feature Family this week:

I'd like to introduce you to Kelly, who I have been fortunate enough to meet in person. She happens to be a close friend of my sister-in-law. Interestingly enough, we didn't make a connection to one another's blogs until recently! And now, we are even facebook friends...LOL.

Kelly is a fun gal and it's been fun getting to know her. I learned that one of her favorite snacks is roasted seaweed...ugh...I'll have to pass. She is a way cool mom who lets her kids have some "kid fun"!

And her pumpkin drill sergeant imitation is just so awesome. I am sure some military reader can relate to that one!

Now let's hear a little bit about Kelly from Kelly!

Tell us about yourself and your family. Be sure to include your own hobbies and interests as well as information about your kids and hubby.

I am Kelly, a 37 year old wife and mother to four. I work from home, writing blog entries for an up-and-coming company called Aboutone.com and small articles for my sisters' newsletter company. I never, ever saw myself as a "writer", I still don't to be honest. The plan was a degree in marketing and then some sort of ad design or graphic art work. Funny how things change, eh! My love is a career soldier and has spent 18 years in the Army. We have moved a lot and have really loved every minute of it, well, once we adjust to the newest adventure. The newest new adventure will occur mid-May as we pack our things up and head to Guam for 3 years! Our children are Joshua (11), Jason (9), Lauren (5) and Katelyn (2). I must add that I feel the need to mention that Katelyn completed our family through adoption from Korea. I never really know why I feel the need to say that, but I'm still growing and learning - it's only been a year. She is a star in our family!

Tell us about your blog. What do you tend to write about? What are some of your favorite posts/topics?


I guess the question should be "what don't I write about"? Really, I share just about everything, ad nauseam. If it's in my brain, it will eventually end up on my blog. My favorite topic is my family, but I usually write about nonsense like Walmart trips, my dog and things my kids say that strike me as funny.

What is one thing about you that we might not find on your blog?


Probably the specifics of our adoption story. While I will share about anything with anyone, I am very guarded about writing it down. I am kicking around the idea of writing a specific blog just for this topic. I just am not ready. I hope that doesn't come across as really weird...
________________________________________________

So take some time today to go say hi to Kelly!

If you'd like to be a Featured Tiny Talk Family, then drop me an email at notbefore7 at gmail dot com.
________________________________________________

Your Turn:


Photobucket

6 comments:

Meg said...

love the sayings of a 3 year old. D is adorable! Can't wait to see him again...soon??

Andrea said...

Don't know how you do it! I can't even find time to post for TTT anymore (which is just my fave!). Good thing you're getting this funny stuff down - it's too cute!

Jenilee said...

I love what Kelly said, "If it is in my brain, it will end up on the blog!" so true! :) and fun!

loved all your tiny talk quotes today. my kids love having alone time with us too!even if it has to be at the doctor. :)

Kelly @ In Everything said...

D is just too funny!! And he's like a sponge soaking everything in!! So fun to see;)

And the doctor visit on Sunday!! IF we lived closer, we would have seen you there!! We also had an injury requiring a visit to the peds... although my 3 yr old wasn't about to make it a weekly event (at least I hope not... too scary for her Momma!!)

Lindsay said...

ooohh man poor D! I hope he heals up quickly! Love the sharing the candy story :-)

Tracey M. said...

Wow, these are all SO cute. I love the candy one. Then tired of "the game" while trick or treating. Stuff he says reminds me of my little one. I'm really enjoying the featured blogger too.

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe