Monday, November 1, 2010

A birthday girl…from August

Dear T (age 6)

Your birthday came and went in August without even a peep on my blog.  Of course, now that K (age 8) has had a birthday too, I figured that I should get on the ball!

You are fortunate enough to have an amazingly loving and creative sister.  She planned a “Birthday Eve” party for you.  We made muffins and gave you, “Little B", a fuzzy littlest pet shop penguin because your birthday party theme is going to be penguins.

IMG_0971IMG_0973

At bedtime, you sweetly asked me, “Please take my picture when I am sleeping.  It will be the last night that I go to bed as a five year old.”

How could I refuse?

IMG_0975  

On your birthday morning, I was the lucky parent who got to enjoy a special breakfast with you. (We alternate years and I get the even years…2010 is even) We had a lovely time at the Bagel place in the village center.

IMG_0983 

You are full of personality…IMG_0989

And beauty, on the inside and out.

IMG_0995

When it came to your party day, you celebrated it as only you would think to do…with SIX ponytails for the SIX year old.

IMG_1013IMG_1014

We had a pool party at Grandma’s to celebrate your big day.IMG_1021    

Your daddy produced another amazing cake!  The theme was penguins, so he made you an adorable penguin.

 IMG_1110 IMG_1114

You wanted the face, which looked a little strange on your plate.

IMG_1117

IMG_1118

We had a great time!  I think everyone had fun, including you, the special birthday girl!

IMG_1027

Happy (very late) Birthday my wonderful daughter.  I love you dearly!

Mommy

5 comments:

Jules said...

That cake looked amazing!

Happy Birthday to the big six year old.

Meg said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful T!!

Lindsay said...

I love the 6 pony tails for the 6 year old party! The cake looks awesome!

~Ginger said...

The sleeping photo is too cute for words. I love her idea of getting that last sleep picture being five.

I cannot believe this sweet little girl is growing up so fast. I remember last year thinking you wrote the wrong age when it was her birthday.

I hope her day was amazing! I'm sure it was and that is one COOL cake.

AnnG said...

Great tribute...even if it is a bit late!!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe