Monday, January 25, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday helps parents focus on one of the many joys of parenting - the funny things that our little ones (and sometimes big ones) have to say.

Join in the fun and record the Tiny Talk overheard in your house! Publish a post on your blog and link us to the laughs. Then be sure to link to the blog carnival on this post so more bloggers can join in the fun.

The guidelines can be found here if you need them.
____________________________________

Mom: (correcting T) You need to put that back. It is hers, not yours, sweetie.
K (age 7): You sure are using a lot of pronouns, Mom.
____________________________________

Mommy: The Fiber One bars are gone.
T (age 5): I want some more.
Mommy: They are in the garage. I'll get some more.
T: Mommy, what do the Fiber Two bars look like?
____________________________________

Mommy: D (age 2), you know how to pee pee on the big potty. Now you need to learn to poopie on the big potty. (he likes his little potty)
D: NOOOOO!
Mommy: Why won't you poopie on the big potty?
D: It's dangerous!!! You'll fall in the big hole and go down down down to the ocean.

(self preservation at its finest)
_____________________________________

K is not allowed to knock on the neighbor's door until 4 PM, giving her friend time to do homework and practice piano.

Today was a gorgeous day in January (RARE), so we were playing outside all afternoon. When she saw her friend come home at 3:25, she immediately asked to go over.

Mom: Honey, you have to give her time to do her school work.
K: But it is a sunny day! Soon the sun will be gone!

(yes my dear homeschooled child...you have no idea how good you have it)
_____________________________________

I was walking outside after getting C (7 months) and K was coming in to tell me the D got hurt.

K: He touch my bicycle and it fell over and he hurt his hand. (off she went running out the door)

I followed her out and then she dashed around to check on him.

K: (came back over to me) He is OK now. I wanted to make sure he was OK. I don't care about my bike. I care about my brother. I wanted to make sure he was fine. I can always just pick the bike back up.

Mom: That's right. Your brother is much more important than a bike.

(precious. I love when you get a glimpse of lessons as they begin to take root in their hearts)
___________________________________

Your Turn:



Photobucket

9 comments:

Sittintall said...

That was so sweet of her to be so concerned about her brother. What a special girl.

Andrea said...

Love the comment about the sun! I have been feeling this way about having our oldest, J, in school. I also love how being at home can foster such a close bond btwn siblings! Her concern for little D is so cute!

Lindsay said...

great stories! Loved the pooping on the big potty story. We are in the potty training mode right now.

That bike story melted my heart!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Your kids are so precious. I love the things they say to each other, but also the obvious love they have for each other!

Erin said...

She knows her pronouns, good girl! You must keep a running list of everything they say.

jodi said...

Love the pronouns comment. My 7 yr old is learning those this week.

And Fiber Two bars? How funny is that?!?!?

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

The pronouns are funny! Sounds like something my daughter would say.

TTT is so much fun! Glad you keep this going, though I'm sure you're busy. ;0)

~Ginger said...

Laughing at the potty comment from D. Child #3 at my house used to love to wave goodbye to her daily duty. It took the fear away and replaced it with "weird" fun, LOL.

Love the tender heart of your daughter. You are raising amazing, AMAZING children who WILL change this world. I just know it!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

laughing so hard at the first one! that K is my kind of girl! i'm always telling my older boys "antecedent! antecedent!" when they use too many pronouns in one sentence. at that point my dh makes the big "L" for loser on his forehead.
:)

K's sweet comments about D and the bike are another example (along with the cheerleading note to K) of how you are doing a great job helping foster love among the siblings. awesome.

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe