Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Welcome to Tiny Talk Tuesday!

Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting!

If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor!

The guidelines are here if you need them and Mr. Linky is below.
___________________________________________

(while at the pool)
T (age 3): I am a fish, not a whale. A whale is big. It is daddy size.
(is she saying her daddy is as big as a whale or that a whale is as small as her daddy...hehehehe)
___________________________________________

T (age 3) was crying at dinner because she wanted the Tinkerbell cup that K (age 5) had. T had chosen the Heffalump cup at breakfast for the day, but now wanted the other one.

K turned to her and said, "Whoever has the Heffalump cup is the winner." She then paused for effect and began clapping, "Yaaay. You have the Heffalump. You win!"
(it was the first time we heard K manipulate use reverse psychology, and quite effectively I might add...)
___________________________________________

We were sitting outside in the driveway playing with the kids. Eric and K (age 5) were coloring with sidewalk chalk as he and I were chatting about how great our neighbors are.

Eric: Yep. They're great. Not a dog in the bunch.
K (age 5): (pipes into the conversation) No. Two dogs live on the street, dad.
(oh...uh...yeah...)

__________________________________________

(while in the car...)

K (age 5): I won't have to go learn how to be a mom one day. (I assume she was referring to not having to go to college for it since we talk about college as a place you can learn "what to be")
Mom: Well, how will you learn?
K: I'll watch you.
...and I was letting the reality of that statement sink in...she added...
K: But I will have to go learn how to drive.
(LOL! Better not watch me for that. She isn't allowed to drive like me...)
__________________________________________

My children were playing in an empty water fountain the other day. It had a small leak in one area. They were cupping their hands to get water and then began baptizing each other. Mostly it was the two girls baptizing D. They would sprinkle water on his head to "baptize" him. It was cute.
_________________________________________
Your turn:



14 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Is she gonna be allowed to play kickin' music in her car when she drives? ;-)

Becky @ Boys Rule My Life said...

Whew... that K, she's a smart little cookie! Wow! Reverse Psychology... pretty impressive. :)

AMY said...

Those kids are just so cute and smart! It is amazing how many funny things your kids say in do in the course of a week! Thanks for keeping us laughing along with you

Meg said...

I love Eric's saying....oh wait, I guess THAT wasn't part of Tiny Talk! Hehe.
I love K's sweetheart, and T reminds me of Audrey. Like my last weeks, big like daddy = big like a beast. Too funny!

Jolanthe said...

I love the Mommy/driving comment. :) The way it goes around here....probably the same. hee hee

Jolanthe

Foxy5 said...

I thought it was sweet of K to think fast and decide that T's cup made her the winner.
She's going to be a great Mommy some day. (Some day far far away!)

And being baptized with the water fountain... thats a gem. :)

Amy said...

K is such a good big sister. She is going to make a great mom one day. And she's one smart cookie!

Lynn said...

Such fun stories this week! I loved the one about the cups and K's cleverness.

Kris said...

Too cute. Your kiddos got me smiling today!

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

I was totally struck by K saying she'll watch you to learn how to be a mommy. Wow, I better get doing a better job. (Why can't they all learn from their grandma's?! LOL.)

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

A sweet bunch of quotes this week! I love how insightful K is these days... watching you to learn mothering and helping her sister be content with her sipyy cup. Good times. You're a great mom!

Lynna said...

Hey, that wasn't so hard. My first time using a Mr. Linky. I feel smart. ;-) Thanks for hosting!

diana said...

she will be a wonderful mother if she's watching you. she's got the best teacher =)

Colored With Memories said...

what a fun idea...i just found your blog...and really like it.

i realize it is late to join up this week, but i actually just posted about something funny my daughter said, so i thought i'd link in.

i'll be back to visit more later!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe