Tuesday, September 11, 2007

TinyTalk Tuesday

The tiny ones in this house are talking and here is what they said this week:

(If you wish to participate, please sign the Mr. Linky below and refer to the guidelines if you are new to Tiny Talk Tues)
______________________________________________________
(heard during our 14 hour car drive)
T (age 3): Look K, there are trees out my window.
K (age 4): Yep, there are trees out my window too.
T: NO, there are trees out my window.
K: (trying to be rational) Yes, T, I know, but there are trees out my window too.
T: NNNNOOOOO! The trees are out my window.
K: (getting loud) Yes there are, but look, there are some out my window.
T: NNNNNNOOOOOOO! NNNNNOOOOOO!
(did I mention we still have the 14 hour ride home?)
______________________________________________________
The devotion we do with the girls before bed posed the question, "What do you try to do that is hard for you?" I asked them and K (age 4) got a funny look on her face. Very quietly she said, "I try to do things and be like mommy." (so cute) So I asked her, "What do you want to do that mommy does?" She answered, "I want to cook!"
(we can definitely arrange that)
______________________________________________________
Sometimes I don't make sense to them:

After a long day in the sand, I said, "Alright girls, it is time to go. We need to throw you two into the tub." T (age 2) began to cry, "But, I don't want you to throw me."
(OK, I'll just put you in gently)

A storm was coming and you could see it approaching from the horizon over the ocean. I went in the condo to get the girls. They were headed to rest time. I said, "Come on, let's all sneak down to the beach really quickly so we can see the storm coming." K (age 4) proceeded to walk hunched over and told me to hunch over. "Remember, we are sneaking mom!"
______________________________________________________
It's your turn. Share what your Tiny Talkers are saying this week by linking below. (Please note that I look forward to coming to visit your post, but as you are reading this, I am visiting Mickey Mouse with my hubby and daughters for a day in Magic Kingdom. Clearly, I won't be able to visit your blog today, but please know I didn't forget you and I'll be there! Thanks for participating!)





post signature

13 comments:

Just Mom said...

This is a fun idea, Mary.

Carrie! :o) said...

How my goodness. How cute. I love it when they're just so literal, LOL!!

Lori said...

Your kids are so cute. They say the cutest things. I love tiny talk Tuesday.

CDPJ said...

This is such a cute, fun idea. I actually had a post this weekend about eavesdropping on my son's play time ramblings. I'm not sure if it fits your guidelines, though (I couldn't find a link to them on your page -- but I'm working on very little sleep, so I'm sure they're some place really obvious and I just passed over them.) If it doesn't meet the guidelines, sorry... but I just had to share it anyway :-)

LilyLakeMom said...

Those were all so cute! My favorite was the "sneaking!" I hope you bent down and sneaked along with her! That was so funny!
I hope you are having a fabulous trip and enjoying your books! Stay away from the computer :)
Lisa

weavermom said...

I love the bath story - that's hilarious! :)

Amy said...

It's so funny how kids take everything literally. Hope you guys had a blast at Disney!!!

Momma Roar said...

I tried to post first thing but it wouldn't open up - at least Mr Linky was working today!

I love the one about the trees! Too funny!

Hope you had a great day with the family!!

MorningSong said...

Trees are tricky things aren't they!

haha

Great TT!

Amber said...

I missed it this week and I had a funny one....I'll save it for next week. Say hi to Mickey for me:)

God Bless,
Amber

MightyMom said...

too cute!

Sarah Markley said...

After I say, "How cute!", I have say that you have way more guts than to take little guys on a 14 hour car ride...although, we have a 11 hour plane trip planned for November. Pray for me!

Joy said...

I love how little kids take things seriously. Too funny!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe