Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

The tiny ones in this house are talking and here is what they said this week:
(To participate, review the guidelines and use the Mr. Linky below)
_____________________________________________________
At the dinner table:

Dad: Wow. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day.
K (age 4): Tomorrow is your last day of work?
Dad: Well, it is my last day at this job. Then I am going to begin a new job. I will be at a new building and new office and there will be a new person in charge of me.
K: Well, it is OK. The second day you go, you will not worry anymore AND you will get to meet so many new friends!
(boy, she is just growing up and so cute!)
______________________________________________________
I like to go over "rules" with the girls before they attend a class or playgroup. They had their first ballet class this week, so we had the following conversation:
Mom: What do you need to remember to do at ballet class?
T(age 2): dance
Mom: Well, yes, but who do you need to listen to?
T: the music
K(age 4): We need to listen to the teacher. (clearly she knows the drill)
Mom: Yes, that is right. We need to listen to the teacher. T, who is in charge at ballet class.
T: ME!
(sigh...we'll, she is being honest about her feelings)
______________________________________________________
K (age 4) spent the day with her grandparents. They have GPS unit in their car and were explaining to her how it works.
Grandma: ...and then it tells us how to get home.
K: Why do you need that? Don't you know how to get home?
(I think it has to do with men and their gadgets...)
______________________________________________________
I picked out a shirt for T (age 2) to wear and it was NOT the one she wanted, so she went in her drawer and grabbed another one. This one had Mickey Mouse on it and she announced, "This is the one I need to wear so I can go to Christmastime."
(Huh?)
______________________________________________________







post signature

21 comments:

Foxy5 said...

Your girls keep me laughing :)
I love that your oldest told her Daddy that day #2 will be a better day and that he'll make new friends. That is precious.

Oh how I love going over the rules. I've realized that my oldest knows the rules, he repeats them to all that disobey, but he, at the mighty age of 4, is above the rules.

Have a great Tuesday!

Carrie! :o) said...

LOL!!! Go to Christmastime!!! How funny!!

MorningSong said...

Your kids are precious!! I have to say that I LOVE the pic of D on your sidebar. It is too much!!

I have to say my favorite quote today is the ballet class. 'Who is in charge? ME' Love it!!

Blessings!

Dawnelle said...

Those were really cute! Love the one about making friends at his new job- lol! :)

Leah said...

LOL! The GPS comment cracked me up!

LilyLakeMom said...

My brain is fried tonight...I can't think of one TT moment from this past week to share. But that hasn't stopped me from lol at yours! Your girls crack me up! And the gps, that was my favorite this week! But how sweet was it that K told her dad he would make new friends? You've taught her well!
Thanks for emailing me the help I needed...I'm going to work on it this weekend!

Amber said...

I loved the dance rules! Listen to *ME*!!!

0:) Amber

Sittintall said...

Very cute. I especially liked the GPS one. Seems logical, doesn't he know his way home?

Just Mom said...

Adorable kids.

No Tiny Talk this week, but I did post something related to what my son said. I'll try next week.

Short Stop said...

I gotta go with T at the ballet being the funniest here! HILARIOUS!

kddub said...

How cute! The conversation about dance class was so funny. "what do you need to listen to? ~the music." I love it.

Momma Roar said...

All such cute things!!! I could only remember one thing this week!

diana said...

too cute. i love reading the funny things kids say. it's a great way to start the day because it makes me smile.

btw, i love the picture of D you have on your sidebar. i love his expression.

jennifer said...

How cute! I love the question 'don't you know how to get home?'

Wonderful tiny talk, thanks again for making Tuesdays so cute!
Jennifer

Amy said...

Love the role reversal about daddys first day at a new job. K is so funny!

Lori said...

Too darn cute.
Thanks again for hosting.
I didn't post this week either. I hope to next week.
Hopefully I will get a chance to read everyone's TTT posts.

Meg said...

I love T's honesty. Have to love that about these 3 year olds.

Sue @ praise & coffee said...

Awwwww, I love it!!!

Blessings,
Sue

MightyMom said...

well dang, Sonshine said something this afternoon that I thought was sooo funny, and I thought Hey, I can join in tiny talk for once...now I'm here and can't for the life of me remember what he said......

story of my life :-)

Heather C said...

Cute stuff! I love the things that come out of children's mouths... wish I had the forsight to write them down. I rarely remember... lol.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I love how K. is so nurturing toward her daddy! That's precious. Sounds like T. is feeling better, PTL>

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe