Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

The tiny ones in this house are talking and here is what they said this week:
(To participate, please review the guidelines and use the Mr. Linky below)
_____________________________________________________
Mom to T (age 2): Put some of the sunscreen on your forehead.
T (laughing at mom): I only have one head.
_____________________________________________________
I have no clue what I asked K (age 4), but she responded, "I am thinking...no."
(such a mom phrase)
_____________________________________________________
Today K told me, "I want to play lonesome."
(I think she meant alone)
_____________________________________________________
OK, now this one isn't "funny", but just so darned sweet and I had to record it for myself.

Eric took the kids to the park while I was at a baby shower yesterday. He was pushing the two younger ones in the swings and K (age 4) was pushing herself by pumping her legs to go back and forth. This is a new skill for her and she was so excited about it. She then said,
"I wish mommy was here to see this!"
(so of course I took her to the swings today so I could see it!)
_____________________________________________________
OK, your turn. Use Mr. Linky below and share what your tiny talkers are saying:



post signature

20 comments:

MorningSong said...

OH, I love that she wanted Mommy to see her! Isn't that the best!!

Blessings!

LilyLakeMom said...

I'm with K...sometimes I just want to be lonesome too!
That was really cute.

Lisa said...

Too cute! Those are some proud parent moments!

Just Mom said...

What can I say. I'm addicted to Tiny Talk Tuesday.

Meg said...

sorry to put mine name up twice! I love T's humor (fore - four head).

Lori said...

Those are very cute. Love the I want to play by my lonesome.

I love these posts. Thanks for hosting.

Carrie! :o) said...

How sweet! Isn't it nice to know she was thinking of you? :o)

kddub said...

this is such a good idea!

....I've been following tiny talk tuesday through just mom's site, to yours now, for a bit, and decided to add it along to my blog! It's a good way to actively remeber those cute things my kids say!

Joy said...

4-heads... too funny!

And I'm glad you included the last one. It's so sweet!

onemotherslove said...

Awww... how adorable that she wanted you to be included in her special moment!!! Thanks for having this up in the middle of the night, too, so I could do mine at 3am when my little one woke me up & then I couldn't go back to sleep!

jennifer said...

It is always a delight to come over. The sunscreen cracked me up!!
Jennifer

weavermom said...

I could use some "lonesome" time today myself. :)

Amy said...

Too cute! Can't wait for D to start talking - Can you imagine the conversations with the three of them???

Short Stop said...

How sweet that K wanted to share her joy with you! You two must have a very special relationship!

Gotta love T. She's just hilarious!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Good chuckles today. Thanks, Mary! I love the forehead quote especially - makes you wonder how confusing the grown up world must seem to them at times! They probably think we're crazy!

Amber said...

I loved your comment, I literally LOL!!!

0:) Amber


ROFL!!!! my code I have to type in to comment is, boymyp-LOL!!!

Kari said...

I look forward to Tiny Talk Tuesdays! Thanks!

diana said...

what a great thing for you to be keeping a record of the tiny talk in your home. how fun it will be to come back and read what your kids said.

Amber said...

Your blog ate my first comment so I will comment again, but only for you:)

K wanted to show her mommy that she's growing up bcz she loves you SO MUCH!!

My famous line is, "Now you are asking for...." (Now that my children have heard it SO many times, they finish the sentence) "TOOOO MUCH!!!"

I pray you feel better soon.

God Bless,
Amber

Stacey said...

I have some to add next week...Great to read how funny and smart kids are now a days.

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe