Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

The tiny ones in this house are talking and here is what they said this week:
(If you wish to participate, please review the guidelines and link to the Mr. Linky below)
___________________________________________________
Real word: Pattern
K's word (age 4): Pat-ter-ren

Real word: Lollypop
T's word (age 3): Lillypop
____________________________________________________
T (age 3) ran out of the house and yelled, "I was out like a shot!"
____________________________________________________
K (age 4) made a picture for her grandma of the two of them. When she gave it to her she told her, "It will remind us of me and you!"
(ah...so sweet)
____________________________________________________
We were waiting for our cookies to bake. K (age 4) explained, "After they bake, we will have to let them dry before we can eat them!"
(yep, I certainly don't like wet cookies)
____________________________________________________
K was upstairs with me doing laundry. She left and went downstairs. Within 5 minutes, the phone rang and she picked it up. It was my mom. K and my mom began talking and I picked up the extension upstairs.
Grandma (on phone): Tell mommy I'll be there between 8 and 8:30.
Me (on upstairs line): I here mom. That is fine.
K (on downstairs line): Grandma, is mommy there with you?
Me: No, K. You were just with me. Where am I?
K: (silence)
Me: Sweetie, mommy is upstairs on the phone.
(poor thing. She was so confused by this. I never thought about her not realizing that someone could talk on another line in our house.)
______________________________________________________
Join in the fun! What have your tiny talkers said this week?






post signature

16 comments:

Our Family of Five said...

What a very clever idea! :) I'm going to have to think about this when it's not the end of a day and my brain is mush and when I can remember what my little one says so I can play along next week. :)

MightyMom said...

too sweet!

Lisa said...

Very cute! Such a great idea too.

Just Mom said...

OK. I'm back. :-D

Short Stop said...

"I was out like a shot." That's hilarious...and sounds just like your T! :)

And poor K...I'm sure it was confusing to hear you on the phone! SO sweet!

LilyLakeMom said...

okay...my favorite has to be about letting the cookies dry! That was so funny. And so smart, to know she couldn't eat them right away because they were to hot, I mean wet!

Amy said...

That phone conversation cracked me up. I can just picture the look on K's face!

inspired said...

poor child ;o]

jennifer said...

Enjoyable visit!!
When cell phones came out (where many had them) we got one. My oldest kept calling it a "celly phone"!

MorningSong said...

I love that she didn't know where you were while on the phone. So innocent!

Karen@FamilyBriefs said...

Loved the phone conversation! Thanks for hosting and sharing your sweet conversations!

Carrie! :o) said...

Out like a shot! That's hilarious! The phone call was cute, too! I bet she was confused!

Sarah Markley said...

Wow...I followed your link and here I am! I love your idea of "not before 7"...I had a 6am tap-tap-tap from my 5 year old this morning..."but I missed you" she said. I asked her for 10 more minutes. She reluctantly agreed. Thanks for reading and I am glad you found me. I will be back!

Alana said...

Mary,

Thanks for your comment!

I am sooooo with you on the not before 7...love that title!

I've always said it is not natural to be up before the sun is.

Momma Roar said...

That phone one gets them all!! hee hee

I tagged you for something, but I think you may have already been tagged for it, sorry :(

Carlos said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: jcondos house, costa rica beach condos, condos rentals. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe