Saturday, September 22, 2007

A look at our Vacation: FL '07

We head to New Smyrna Beach every September. We love how low key the area is in September because the majority of the kids are in school. The beach is fairly empty and Disney is too. (well, for Disney at least...)

Daddy and the girls built sand castles each morning during David's nap:

Remember that conversation about "sneaking out to see the storm coming"? Well, here was the storm we got a look at:
The girls spent one evening chasing birds on the beach. Of course it was the LAST day when they FINALLY decided that maybe having the ocean water touch their feet wouldn't kill them.

Sisters and friends!!! It brings such joy to my heart to watch these two together. I can't wait to see D running around with them.

Our day at Disney began with a Pooh and friends breakfast. I have LOTS of great posed shots with the characters, of course. But this shot really captures how excited T was. It was her first time in Disney and she was enthralled! We thought she'd be scared (as K was her first time), but she loved it!
Of course, my two favorite shots at Disney don't include the girls at all...but my handsome prince. What a dad!!!! (and Belle CAN NOT have him!)




Yes, it rained a bit while we were at Disney, but that didn't stop us. Here we are with my parents (who were in Disney for the week) as we watched the fireworks. The had not even started, but K and T were ready for the noise.
One of our favorite memories was collecting shells with the girls. We had a great time!

When we visited one of the beaches nearby and found shells EVERYWHERE...well, that just made it quite easy! You should see the BAGS of shells in my house now. K is going to have an "Under the Sea" birthday and paint them with her friends. Then I can send the shells home with them :)

I tried to capture just how terrified T was of the ocean. The girl didn't want to go near it. Here she is collecting shells quite far away from the waves, but after picking up a shell, she immediately would look to see if the waves were anywhere near her.

My girls are so hilarious and creative at times. While we were collecting shells a storm came. We decided to wait it out in the car. Suddenly K yells, "Don't worry T. I am prepared. Put this on!"
So they put on K's winter hats and watched the storm. It made me laugh that she had those hats in the car at all. She "stores" things in the container by her car seat and I have no clue what is in there. BUT, T loved it and put it on immediately and they watched the storm "prepared"!
My vacation with preschoolers was survived! I just love these guys!

post signature

16 comments:

The Small Scribbler said...

It looks like you all had so much fun. My favorite photo is the one of your Disney character husband. I bet Disney would hire him.

Kate

diana said...

sounds and looks like fun. i love the pictures of the girls on the beach. and the one with them with their hats on cracked me up. thanks for sharing.

Just Mom said...

POOH BEAR!!!!! I LOVE POOH BEAR!!!! I haven't seen him in person since summer 2001.

(ahem)

Great vacation photos. :-D

Short Stop said...

Cute pics. Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

LilyLakeMom said...

The photos on your sidebar are great! You've been busy!
Thank you for sharing all your vacation pics...they are all so good.
And the winter hats...I laughed out loud! She takes always be prepared to the next level! Cute, cute cute!
I didn't know you were in New Smyrna...I use to live about 20 minutes from there! Great beaches!
And my kids love that Belle Storybook Garden at Disney! How fun that your husband got picked! What a great trip!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Mary, these are great! Makes the 14 hr car trip worth while, huh? Your family is precious!

Carrie! :o) said...

Oh Mary! What great pictures!! Everyone looks like they had so much fun! I love the pic of your husband on stage, LOL! Too cute!

Heather C said...

What a lovely family and it looks like you had such fun! I loved reading your descriptions of things... particularly the winter hat scene in the car. :) Thanks for sharing!

Sherri@NoiseOverload said...

Mary,

That last picture is priceless! How in the world did you get all three to look at you AND smile?

Sherri

Amy said...

Mary, those pictures are spectacular. You really managed to get some great shots. I love the one of the girls running on the beach and the little bird nearby. Candid shots are always the best!

Lane said...

You have the cutest family!!! Loved all the pics. My two favorite places are also the beach and Disney. Glad it was a great time!

Christin said...

I love that last picture!! Classic

Kris said...

Great pictures! You have an adorable family! What fun!
K

Sarah Markley said...

Oh, how great! I know New Smyrna - I was there in 2005 (not a common place for a Californian to visit) and we were caught in a GIANT storm. Wow. What a beautiful place and I have really great memories of it. Your vacation looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Mary,
Loved the pictures and of course your comical commentary! It looks and sounds like you all have had a wonderful "survived" vacation.
Love,
Lindsey

Kristin's Memories said...

We took the kids to the same Shell Beach you found! Great Find Mary!!!! We loved it. We came home with 5 buckets full of shells. Amazing!!!!!!!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe