Monday, June 25, 2007

My Little Insomniac

My dear little T,
It's 6:17 PM and you are sleeping soundly.

You are exhausted from your 1 AM playtime. One or two times a month, you have trouble sleeping and play in your bed instead.

This can last for HOURS during the middle of the night.

When you were in your crib, it didn't bother our sleep as we just turned the monitor off and you usually were content to watch your aquarium fish.

Now that you are in a bed, you like a visitor to pop in about every half hour or so. You call our names and have no real reason, other than to make sure we are there.

Yes, my dear, this drives me batty. And yes, at times I want to scream. And yes, I know it helps if I rub your back, but sometimes, I am just too tired.

I am exhausted today from your 3.5 hour playtime last night.

Moms don't like to be woken every half hour.

But there are you, so exhausted angelic, and I can't help but hope that I look the same way in an hour or so!

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh my goodness...this is so precious! Poor little thing...she must be SO tired. Poor Mommy, too!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Our son came into our room EVERY night the year he was 3. I finally gave up and put a pallet on the floor for him. I was a walking zombie!

I enjoyed getting to know you and your family here! They are so precious! Thanks for your comments on my blog!

And yes, that sign makes me absolutely cringe (we must be kindred spirits!). Bad grammar is my ultimate pet peeve!

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe