Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

A year or so before we had children, I was volunteering in our church nursery when my hubby came by to get me. As he walked in the door, a 15 -month old boy ran to him with his arms outstretch. My hubby looked at me.

What should I do?

Pick him up

How?

Just pick him up...under his arms.

Uh....I'll just give him a hug.

So, I did what any woman would do who was suddenly concerned about this man who would one day be daddy...I signed him up for 3 months of nursery duty with me!

Several years later, picking 'em up, is clearly not a problem!

Their eyes light up as soon as you get home. They know they are adored. They are confident in your love. They know they are beautiful in your eyes. Whatever observation they have to share, they know you will listen.

Being your child is a good thing!

Happy Father's Day to my husband.

2 comments:

SGSHORT said...

I love this story and these pictures of them!

Brandi said...

Wow, how did you make the text go between the pictures like that?

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe