Friday, June 15, 2007

The Dress

It stares at me every time I open the closet. I can't wear it, but I can't let it go.

I bought it about 9 years ago. The Hubs and I were only dating at the time. We were hanging out one evening in Annapolis when I saw it.

I LOVE that dress.

I look at the price tag. UGH. There is NO way I can buy this. (I was just a college student at the time) BUT, I have to try it on. Bad idea. I love it and worst of all, I can tell by his eyes that he agrees :) It is too much money! I let it go and we leave.

But I can't stop hemming and hawing obsessing thinking about it, so we return to buy it. (yes, the man put up with a lot, even back then) I have NO occasion for this beauty, but I just love it.

Turns out I was able to wear it for many occasions: graduations, weddings, and our engagment photo. The last time I wore it was about 5.5 years ago. You see, since then, I have had 3 children and the dress no longer fits.

My three pregnancies changed some things and the dress just doesn't lay how it used to. I am the same "size", but alas, not the same "body".

Yes, I could probably do Taebo, take kick boxing, and run for miles each day, but did I mention the three kids under 5?

So tonight, I once again did a closet cleaning and piled up some too small, too big, and too old items to take to goodwill, but the dress still hangs in the closet.

2 comments:

Jenise Dunn said...

Now, you KNOW I'm going to come see this dress!!

E said...

There are many wonderful memories of Mary in that dress. Watching her move with it on is beauty only God could inspire.

 

Blog Design by: Jolanthe